Direct to Consumer (D2C) is a form and strategy of eCommerce which provides for the realization, promotion and sale of a good or a service directly to the final consumer, by eliminating the need for any intermediary partners.
This is certainly the most innovative and advanced form of business on the market today. It is not difficult to imagine, therefore, that the most used sales channel in this context is the internet and its digital platforms.
Being a contemporary market born in the digital age, its growth to date has recorded truly significant numbers. Besides, the possibility to buy online has deeply renewed the behaviour, habits and expectations of the user online. In fact, eight out of ten consumers say they expect to be able to make online purchases from their favourite brands by the end of 2020.
We are talking about a 2.0 market, which is growing enormously, but is not being exploited as it should be.
Why an eCommerce?
A contemporary brand that is entering the market today, or that has an already consolidated offline corporate image, can no longer ignore the need to equip itself with this sales channel to keep up with the times and win the competition.
An online eCommerce, in fact, can bring great benefits to a brand’s business. Let’s see which ones.
- Increased sales and conversions thanks to online omnipresence that makes it easier to reach consumers
- Exploration of new market segments and potential targets through the application of new and innovative 2.0 marketing strategies
- Increased variety and speed in the production cycle, promotion and delivery of your goods and services
- Greater control of brand, production, revenue and reputation
- Efficient and always monitored Customer Experience that allows a better targeting of its users
If you want to become an expert in D2C market management, find out what we can do for you!